Good afternoon Unity Family:
The health and safety of our Unity family remains the top priority for the Board of Directors and Administration. Be assured, there are currently no known cases of COVID-19 that relate to Unity students or staff at this time, and the risk of infection to the public in Orange County is believed to be low.
In order to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, the Board of Directors has authorized us to dismiss students from school from Monday, March 16, through Friday, March 27. Please note that this is a minimum, and there could be additional days of closure.
The Orange County Superintendent Dr. Al Mijares on Friday announced his support for the suspension of school operations in Orange County for at least two weeks. A link to the memo can be found here.
Please read the following details carefully.
- As you already know, Monday, March 16th is a pupil free day and students should not report to Unity.
- Unity has dismissed students from attending school Tuesday, March 17th through Friday, March 27th.
- Unity will continue to communicate with local agencies (OCDE and OC Health) during this time and provide updated information on school closure through parent square, social media, and parent phone calls.
Front Office Hours
- The front office will remain open Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4 pm.
Students Taking College at SCC
- Classes at SCC have been canceled Monday, March 16th and Tuesday, March 17th.
- Starting Wednesday, March 18th all classes (except for labs) will be delivered through online instruction.
- Students should check their emails and Canvas for further information from SCC and individual professors.
- Students who need support with wifi should contact Ms. Seth.
We understand that closing our school may create hardship for families, but it is imperative we uphold guidelines set forth by public health officials to keep our families safe.
We will send out another update on Monday, March 16th covering:
- Student work during this time and getting help from teachers
- Further information about classes at SCC
- Meal options in the community for Unity students
Please call us at 714-473-0723 with your questions.